Monday, September 19, 2011

Visible progress

I have added the missing states, but more importantly have started working on the universe. At the beginning of a new game a new universe with 100 planets is created. Some of them hostile, others are neutral. Each planet has values for population, agriculture, research, industry, education and so on. The player will be able to trade with and invest in neutral planets making them friendly over time. Hostile planets can be attacked.

But for now I am working on simply showing the complete galaxy and selecting planets.
This reminds me that I will soon be needing assets. Although I would love to already produce final assets, placeholder art will have to do it for the moment.
The Map state shows the universe the game takes place in.

No comments:

Post a Comment